Sunday, February 1, 2015

My First Ever Pull Apart Cake

Back in October I made my first ever pull apart cake in the shape of a football for my little brother Noah's sixteenth birthday. 
This "cake" was very easy to make.  I used regular-sized cupcakes pushed together to get the "boat" like shape of the football, and I didn't have to cut any of the cupcakes, they were all left alone, full-sized.  
After the unfrosted cupcakes were in the football shape, I just frosted over them all and decorated the best I could.  What was nice about this pull-apart cake was there was no actual cutting of the cake itself.  If someone wanted a piece they would just pull out one of the cupcakes from underneath and for the most part, it came off as a whole.  It wasn't too messy or anything, but there was a lot of extra frosting, but I personally never complain about more frosting.  
I don't have the recipe to post that I used, it was just a simple chocolate cake and chocolate frosting recipe.  I replaced the vegetable oil with coconut oil and used apple sauce in place of the sugar.  It was wicked good.  The cake ended up being super fudgy, soft, and delicious.  Everyone in my family ate those cupcakes in less than twenty-four hours! 
(I wasn't going to post this, this cake was just something I made for my brother for fun since my mom bought him a professional cake, but who doesn't dream of multiple birthday cakes, especially when they turn sixteen?) 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment