Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pumpkin French Toast!

Fall is my absolute favorite season, I can't say that enough, and this year I really want to try to make as many fall themed recipes as I possibly can.  Starting with pumpkin french toast!
I got this recipe from thelowercaseh
Ingredients:
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
a pinch of orange zest
about 10 slices of bread
butter, for cooking
Mix the pumpkin, eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, spices, salt, and zest together until they're well combined. Soak both sides of bread in batter.  Battered bread can be cooked immediately or refrigerated overnight.
Cook battered bread over medium heat in a lightly buttered skillet until golden brown on both sides. Serve with maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment