Friday, September 30, 2016

Strawberry Blonde

Ever since I was sixteen I've been trying to go color my hair blonder and blonder.  I've been a blonde for more than half my life, I started going blonde when I was eleven, but continued to go platinum once I reached high school.
With fall coming up, I decided it was the perfect time to change up my look a bit.  I didn't want to do anything too drastic, but I did want a nice change.  So I went to my friend Jen, a hairstylist at Blades Salon in Wethersfield,Connecticut, and she had the most perfect idea, instead of dying my hair another color, she used a red glaze to stain it.
Above is a picture of me right before getting my hair done.  As one can see my hair was very blonde.  My friend Jen mixed the glaze together, added a bit of heat, washed it out and boom, I was a red head. 
It's been a week now and my hair is incredible!  It's so soft and looks a lot healthier than it's looked in years.  The red adds a beautiful natural shine to my long hair and I love it.
  I get compliments on a daily basis and I couldn't be happier with how it came out. 
Jen says it's only going to last six to eight weeks, but I think that's perfect.  I only wanted a small change, but I am loving this red hair!  Makes me think of possibly making this change permanently.   :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment