Thursday, June 1, 2017

My Easy and Affordable Skin Care Routine

Lately I've been obsessed with my skin so much that I rarely wear makeup anymore.  I've even been posting natural and unedited selfies online, something I've NEVER done before and I never thought I would do.  But my skin is so healthy I can't help but show it off instead of smothering it in makeup.  And these are the products I've been using that have made such a difference.


In the mornings I like to wash/wipe down my face with a towelette.  I always use Kirkland's a.k.a Costco's brand because it's the best bang for your buck, but it's also a great product.  It's scentless and my sensitive skin can handle it because it doesn't dry my face out. 
Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream is my absolute favorite!  I can't say enough positive things about how perfect this skincare product is.  I buy it from The Body Shop and use it multiple times a week for a beautiful and hydrating glow.  It's a bit pricey, but it's completely worth it, and a little of this stuff goes a long way.  I'm a big fan of The Body Shop and it's products, but this one is my go-to that I use most often.
Get it here.
If I'm not using vitamin e moisturizer I'm using Burt's Bees day lotion with clary sage, a more affordable option that I can buy from the drug store.  It's just a basic moisturizer, but I've been using Burt's Bees products since middle school and it's a brand I like and that I trust.
Get it here.
After moisturizing I love to use an under eye cream since the skin under your eyes is different than the rest of your skin on your face.  My absolute favorite that I like to stick to is from Estee Lauder.  This will last you forever.  I use the tiniest bit ever morning and rarely have to go out and replenish this stuff.  It's so soft and smooth and cool going on under the eyes I find it very refreshing in the morning!
Get it here.

If I do have makeup on that day, for example if I have work and at the end of the day I need to take my makeup off, I always take it off with coconut oil.  The kind I use is from Costco and I couldn't find a link online unless it was on eBay, but I'm sure most coconut oils are fine, as long as it's unrefined.
Along with moisturizing and cleaning my skin I also drink an insane amount of water.
  All I ever drink is water, tea, and the occasional cup of black coffee or latte with almond milk.  Water is the best thing for your body and your skin, and I love to mix it up with lemons, limes, and even berries!
Every morning I take collagen supplements, I buy them at Costco, but I've also tried ones I found at Marshall's and those were just as good.  I love collagen because not only is it good for your skin but it's also good for your hair, nails, and appetite as well.
And every night before bed I mix two shots of Apple Cider Vinegar with "the Mother", again I buy mine at Costco but I've bought it from Target or a local supermarket too,  in a glass of water and drink that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment