Sunday, April 14, 2013

What to do while your boyfriend plays video games.

My boyfriend loves his video games.  He spends hours upon hours playing, and honestly I just don't understand the appeal.  Since we live together I'm pretty much always around when he's playing, and I have to admit, a lot of the time I wish he would stop playing and hang out with me.  But I've come up with things to do while he's emerged in his game instead of just waiting around complaining.

Baking/Cooking. 
 I love to bake and try out new recipes.  And when my boyfriend is playing a game there's no better time to try out a new recipe that calls for concentration.  He's not around to bother or distract me so I get the kitchen to myself.  And my boyfriend really appreciates the food, especially if I bring it to him while he's on his computer/game system.  It's a great way to earn some extra brownie points with him; he gets to play games without me pestering him to get off, and he gets a nice meal or snack.  :3

Go Out With Your OWN Friends.
What I love to do is hang out and catch up with my friends while my boyfriend plays games.  Don't waste your time waiting for your boyfriend, spend some time with your friends alone for once.  I love to go out for a while and get out of the house, even if it's just to get lunch or some tea.  And then my boyfriend gets the house to himself and some serious gaming done.  It's a win win for us both.

Clean.
There's no better time to clean the house then when your boyfriend is occupied.  And sometimes it's just nice to have extra time to put on some music and go through things and clear stuff out.  It's a great way to pass time.  It always makes me feel better, and when my boyfriend does get off his games we have a nice clean room to hang out in.

Catch Up On Some Work.
While your boyfriend is spending his time gaming, spend your time getting ahead.  I like to do homework or even catch up on some of my projects like scrap-booking, cross stitching, and candle making.  It's great to be able to accomplish something and then have something to show for it.  Sometimes I even run errands in my free time while my boyfriend is with his games.  Anything that needs to be done, now is the time to do it.

Work Out.
This is one of my favorites.  While my boyfriend sits there staring at a screen I love to burn some extra calories.  I go on the elliptical, treadmill, total gym, or sometimes just work out in my room.  I like to dance or even looking up new workouts on Pinterest and YouTube.  Working out always puts me in a good mood, and you never regret doing it!

Watch A Movie/TV Show.
It's a great time to catch up on all those movies and shows you like that your boyfriend doesn't while he's gaming.  This is the only time I have to watch Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, Awkward, and all my other girly shows that my boyfriend doesn't like watching with me.  It's a perfect way to waste some time and get the things you like in.

Start A New Hobby.
Okay so I'm not really a 'hobby' type person, but try something new while your boyfriend is occupied with a game.  I actually made this blog while my boyfriend was zoning out in computer games :3  
Sometimes you may just find something you like.

Play With Him.
This is the most obvious point I could make, play a game with your boyfriend next time.  Or at least just cuddle with him while he's playing.  My boyfriend loves when I come over to lay with him and just watch him play.  It's actually not that bad either.

2 comments:

  1. All good ideas!

    (How about finding a video game you like and pulling the same on him? lol.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I never thought of that!
      My boyfriend would just ignore it though and continue playing :( but I love that idea! I definitely never thought of it before :3

      Delete