Skip to main content

Birthday Cakes 4 Free, Thomas The Train

A couple weeks ago the volunteer service I run in my area delivered a Thomas the Train cake to a two year old boy in need of a cake for his birthday.
I wish I could say I made this beautiful cake myself, but it was one of our volunteers, Gaye.  She did an incredible job decorating this cake, and the family told me it was perfect, tasted delicious!
Jayden, pictured above, absolutely loved his birthday cake. His mom sent me this picture along with the sweetest note telling me how appreciative her family is.  I will definitely be using Gaye again as a volunteer for she did such an excellent job.
I can't wait for our next adventure, this Saturday I'll be making some nautical themed cupcakes for a teenager's birthday.  I'll be sure to post pictures to show how they come out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Bad: Homemade Rock Candy Recipe

Homemade Rock Candy, you will need: 1/2 cup water 3/4 cup light corn syrup 2 cups granulated sugar 2 teaspoons flavoring extract blue gel food coloring candy thermometer Instructions: Line sheet pan with foil, and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray/spray butter. In a saucepan combine the water, corn syrup, and granulated sugar. Place the pan over medium-high heat, and stir until the sugar dissolves.  Bring the mixture to a boil, then stop stirring.  Insert a candy thermometer. Continue to cook the candy without stirring until it reads 285°F on the thermometer. Do not overcook it, or it will start to take on a caramel color. Once at 285°F, take the pan off the heat and let it sit for a few moments, until bubbles stop breaking on the surface. Add the flavoring, I used raspberry extract and food coloring, I used Neon blue by McCormick, and stir everything together. Pour the candy onto the prepared baking sheet; tilt the sheet pan back and fo...

The Yellow Wallpaper

Vinci 1 Victoria Vinci English 102 Professor Jones March 21, 2016 The Yellow Wallpaper             In “The Yellow Wallpaper” by Charlotte Perkins Gilman the narrator claims to have given birth, but isn’t taking care of the baby, because her husband, John, wants her to rest.   John is a “physician of high standing” and he prescribed his wife rest treatment (308).   The treatment takes place in a large summer home, where John’s sister, Jennie, helps take care of the narrator when John isn’t around.   The narrator is confined to a room with bars over the windows, a bolted down bed, and yellow wallpaper that the narrator severely hates.   The narrator fixates on the wallpaper, even believing it gives off a smell.   She claims to see images within it.   The narrator believes to see women, in various situations like being caged and trapped, but claims the women escape during the d...

A Day of Hiking.

Last Sunday Jake and I went to Gillette Castle to go hiking. Gillette Castle was the beautiful home to William Gillette and his wife.   Gillette was an actor and was most famous for playing Sherlock Holmes.  Him and his wife lived in East Haddam, Connecticut and their house is currently a state park open to anyone, with tours of the castle costing just six dollars. Jake and I live so close to here, about twenty minutes away, and I have no idea why we don't come here more often because it's absolutely stunning!  And I swear it gets prettier every time I come. There's all kind of hiking spots on the castle grounds and you can even go down to The Connecticut River. I took this picture of myself when I was trying to check my hair before we went shopping after leaving the castle.  I ended up thinking it was kind of cool and keeping it.   No dumb artificial sun filter needed on a day like today!