Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Ready Glaze Fire

Today my boyfriend and I went to this pottery painting place in Cheshire, Connecticut, one we've never been to before, called Ready Glaze Fire.  It was extremely beautiful, an elegant little place in a lovely small town, but we both agree that the Pottery Piazza in Planville, Connecticut is better.
We're not trying to be mean, but this place was a little awkward.  It's extremely quiet in there and every time you do talk, it echos and everyone can hear your conversation.  
Also there weren't many options to chose from to paint.  I'm not sure if it was the time we went, four weeks before Christmas, but the racks for choosing were pretty bare.  I overheard a lot of people asking for things and all the lady said was they're getting it in.  She said this about literally everything.  They didn't even have white paint there.  So when I asked for it she just responded with, "We're getting it in."  
Another thing we didn't like was you're not allowed to get your own paint.  At the Pottery Piazza you pay for studio time and that includes everything available.  It's very independent there.  You get as much paint and as many colors as you want because it's covered in the studio time.  At Ready Glaze Fire someone gets your paint for you, and you're not allowed refills.  It's just an uncomfortable environment, especially compared to the Pottery Piazza.
I wish I took more pictures to show off, especially of the store, but it was really unconformable so I didn't. 
 This is my cupcake stand I painted.  I'm pretty happy with how it came out.  I did this in under forty minutes.  haha My boyfriend and I had a good time, really we did, but needless to say we would rather go to the Pottery Piazza instead of Ready Glaze Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment