Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"That Awkward Moment", a Reverse Spin on "Sex and the City"

Last weekend my boyfriend took me to Zac Efron in his latest film, 'That Awkward Moment'.
I had seen the commercials and all the TV interviews, but I still wasn't exactly sure what to expect.  This film was supposed to be about what guys do when girls aren't around and what guys really talk about, but where's the story line in that?  
Ultimately it was about three guys in about their late twenties living in New York City with great jobs and going out frequently to pick up girls.  Sound a bit familiar?  In my opinion it reminded me a lot of 'Sex and the City' just with men instead of women.
I thought it was a pretty interesting take, even though a lot of stuff was unrealistic, like the size of their apartments in New York City, but still I enjoyed it.  This movie was humorous, and yes, a bit awkward to watch at times.  But there is a story line for each character that you don't see in any of the commercials, and even though you can predict the ending for each it's still cute and a fun movie to watch.  However I suggest seeing this movie with your girlfriends and not really your boyfriend, or your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment